Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lean on me....

I don't think you realize what good friends are until you are away from them... Like thousands of miles away from them.

I guess here I need to say, thousands of kilometers away.

It's so easy when you're in college, living on campus, partying like frat guys, to have tons of good friends... Obviously.

But I dare each and every one of you reading this to move away from your home and try to have 30 different BFF's ... Good luck!

I don't mean to be pessimistic. I hope to encourage more people to entrust and invest their time in others that REALLY care about you. People that will still think about you and love you and shoot the shit with you from across the world.

That being said, I love my friends.

I love my friends back home. And I miss them, too. Even those people that I didn't spend as much time with as I wanted... And those people that I sometimes disagreed with... And those people that probably thought I hated them... I miss everyone.

But I'm not trying to get all sappy here... No way!

I do want to thank my friends for being wonderful and real.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

believe you me, i hear where you're coming from on this one. even when the distance is (comparatively speaking) negligible, it's enough to know that those folks you love are that far away.
i'm with you lady! and i can't wait to have you guys back close (i.e. only 350 miles away and not on the other side of the planet)

allison. said...

i like the new look of the blog!

it might not be new... but this is the first chance i've had to spend more than a few minutes on the internet for personal stuff in a loooong time.

i'm glad you like your job!

anyways... i miss you and glad you're having fun!! (and you are so brave with food!)