Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gotta keep up!

So, it's Friday, and the weekend is here!! Had a 2 day week after returning from Chuseok holiday, which was nice, although a bit boring... didn't really do too much. Hung out... saw some waterfalls, ate some semi-alive octopus, went the the Teddy Bear Museum, went to a really nice beach, snuck into and swam in a fabulous pool at a resort hotel, saw some great live music by a Canadian (of course!) who lives somewhere in SK....

All in all... not too bad...

Things have really been going well....... UNTIL yesterday...

Basically, we've got a situation with our apartment and we might be forced to move out by this coming up Monday, which is in 2 days, btw... This is through no fault of our own, but instead through the incompetence of the people we work for...

Sometimes I want to just scream in their faces and ask them WHY ARE THEY NOT DOING THEIR JOBS???? They are supposed to be helping us with with our basic necessities like having an apartment for a year. But instead, we've been left on our own, having to ask a Korean Canadian friend of ours to help us when she already has loads of other work to do....

It's funny though... shit like this sometimes makes me feel like packing up... But when I started teaching my mood changed instantly!! Ok... maybe not instantly, but I defintely felt better.

I never thought that teaching would make me feel that way.... I think this feeling is called 'proud'?? I'm not too sure...... :)

For those reading this, who actually know me, will understand what I am talking about.... I never really liked kids.... Until I started working directly with them.

It's hard to explain, especially to those who have never worked with kids..... The thing is, when you work with kids (I'm talking elementary, I have no idea about older kids!) the appreciation is visible.... At least with my Korean kids it is.

Of course there is beauracracy and miscommunication, which I fortunately don't understand, but the kids make it soooo worth it... It's so simple with them.... They just want some attention... There's no bullshit, no having to deal with awkward adults (like at my old job... barf)....

Also, you get to be in control, which is FABULOUSSSSSSSSS!!! Hahahaha! Yeah, I said it! I get to be in control... usually. Ha!

Anyway, we're hoping everything works out..... I think it will.

No comments: