Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Room with a View.... ocean view!

Hahahaha! I honestly don't know why I labeled this post like I did, but oh well! Actually, I am in a room right now with a fabulous view of the ocean... I'm at one of my schools, which overlooks the ocean... it's beautiful.
So, I just taught 2 5th grade classes and 1 6th grade class ( then had lunch), and I've decided that I love 5th grade! They are awesome!! They're old enough to know how to act and not old enough to think they're hot shit... like the 6th graders! I'm kidding, but really, some 6th graders are kind of little assholes... or as my wonderful mommy would say, "little shits"...! Hahahaha!
Yeah, I miss my parents a lot.... and my sister.... and my friends.... and normal life... haha! But it's crazy that I'm here in South Korea... mostly having fun with kids and getting paid for it!
I won't lie though... sometimes it's hard here... there is always a level of being uncomfortable in some way... maybe it's the constant stares, or not knowing what you're eating... or not understanding pretty much what anyone is saying...
There is ALWAYS a level of being uncomfortable... but that's okay... I'm glad I'm here....

3 comments:

camille said...

yay...new post!

i could imagine the level of uncomfort you described. hopefully it will subside soon.

it is great to hear that you are enjoying it! and even better to see a new entry in your blog. viva "alicia's korea"!

allison. said...

i can't believe i haven't visited your blog since before the 12th!

i do hate that feeling of everything being completely foreign... especially when it's a language that's so different from anything you hear here.

glad you're doing well!

(and, by the way, do you ever think about how weird of a word 'blog' is?)

kt hot said...

duh! 5th grade rocks my world. you have no idea how happy it makes me to have another wonderful friend who is a teacher. miss you lovely!